Welcome to All-Care Physical Therapy Center! We are happy you considered us for your rehabilitation. We handle a wide-range of injuries & issues. Here’s the process you can expect at our Brick, Toms River, Whiting, Barnegat, and Manchester facilities:
Initial Phone Call. Call the clinic nearest you to schedule an evaluation with one of our expert physical therapists. If you are covered with one of our participating insurance plans, the receptionist will collect your insurance information to help assist you in the authorization & referral process with your insurance.
Initial Visit. During your first visit both our receptionist & physical therapist will need to gather some important information from you. These processes will not need to be completed after the subsequent visits.
- Reception. At the time of your first visit to the clinic you’ll have to fill out required paperwork. You may download & print the forms from your home and bring the forms in for your convenience. Or if you prefer you can fill out the forms at the time of your visit. If you have a medication list, you may bring it with you so you don't need to write them down.
You will also need to bring the following with you:
- Your insurance card & insurance information
- Prescription for physical therapy from the doctor
- Photo ID/Proof of Address
- Insurance Referral (if required)
- Co-pay (if applicable)
- X-Ray Reports (if applicable)
Initial Evaluation. After the receptionist processes your information, you will meet one of our expert physical therapists. They will spend approximately 30 – 60 minutes one-on-one with you to find out your particular needs. You may be asked to perform some exercises during this time to find out your range of motion.
Therapy Visits. The number of visits & length of therapy vary according to condition & person. You will need to have
2 - 3 physical therapy visits per week. The visits can be for 4 weeks up to months. The physical therapist determines which exercises will best suit your condition after gathering the information during your initial evaluation.
Special Notice for Medicare Patients: If you are receiving home health care, Medicare will not pay for physical therapy. You must complete your home health care before starting physical therapy. Any person that comes into your house to assist you in anyway may disqualify you from doing physical therapy.
Frequently Asked Questions by New Patients:
- Do I have to see my doctor or get permission from my insurance company before I come to physical therapy?
- A prescription (script) from a doctor for physical therapy is always required.
- Also depending on your plan, a referral may be needed from your insurance company. The referral must be filled out by your doctor on the insurance company's referral form.
- Also depending on your plan, an authorization from the insurance company may be required. Our receptionist will request the authorization for you.
- Clothing: What should I wear?
- You can wear whatever comfortable attire you that allows you to move easily.
- Frequency: How often will I be expected to go to therapy?
- Typically when patients receive a script from the doctor it is for three visits a week to attain maximum benefit. However, the frequency can differ depending on the patient’s need.
- Time: How long can I expect to be at physical therapy?
- Average treatment time is approximately 1 hr. The time may change depending on which treatments are performed.